The Trinity Church (Trefoldighetskirken) is a church in the neighborhood of Hammersborg in central Oslo, Norway. It is the parish church of the parish of Trinity, belonging to the Diocese of Oslo of the Church of Norway. It is one of the largest churches in Oslo (1000 seats). The Trinity Church was consecrated in 1858 by Bishop Jens Lauritz Arup.
The church has a neo-Gothic central plant which was designed by architect Alexis de Chateauneuf, but some time after the work was entrusted to his pupil Wilhelm von Hanno, who made some modifications to the original plans and put his personal stamp on the details of interior decoration. The church itself is in the raw red brick, while the vaults, arches and small columns have gray scale color. The nave is octagonal, with the choir in the apse, shallow transept and rectangular entrance flanked by two slender, octagonal bell towers. A central dome rises above the church.
Similar places by:
|Geographical coordinates||59.9165480, 10.7452300|
|Address||0180 Oslo, Grünerløkka|
|More information||official website|