View from southwest to the façade towards Werderscher Markt The Friedrichswerder Church (German: Friedrichswerdersche Kirche) was the first Neo-Gothic church built in Berlin, Germany. It was designed by an architect better known for his Neoclassical architecture, Karl Friedrich Schinkel, and was built under his direction, 1824-1831.
The building is currently part of the Berlin State Museums ensemble, holding the Berlin National Gallery's collection of nineteenth-century German sculpture, showing works of Johann Gottfried Schadow, Karl Friedrich Schinkel and Christian Daniel Rauch among others. In the upper floor a huge exhibition of work and life of Karl Friedrich Schinkel is shown. It is maintained by the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation.