Gaudí's House-Museum is a building located in Park Güell which was opened as a museum in 1963 by the Association of Gaudí. Also known as the "Torre Rosa" (Pink Tower) due to the colour of its façade, which can be linked to Gaudí's religious devotion to Virgen del Roser (Dziewicy z Rosal). Between 1906 and 1925 the building was occupied by Gaudí, who had left it a couple of months before he died. The house was built as a pilot project commissioned by Eusebi Güell who wanted to convert Montaña Pelada into a city-garden designated for Catalan bourgeoisie. The outburst of the First World War and the death of Eusebi Güell in 1918 interrupted the project which was never finished. Today, inside the park we can find Gaudí's House-Museum, Dr. Trias Maxencs' house, and a house in which Eusebi Güell resided. Although Gaudí signed the contract, it was Francesc Berenguer who was responsible for its implementation. Inside the building we can find modernistic furniture signed by Gaudí, which was created jointly by Aleix Clapés and Josep Maria Jujol.
Similar places by:
|Neighbourhood||El Carmel (Horta-Guinardó)|
|Price||normal : 5.50 child : 0.00 (age <7) youth : 4.50 (age 7<) student : 4.50 (age <26) retired : 4.50 (age 65<) disabled : 0.00 (%)|
|Geographical coordinates||41.4139196, 2.1539482|
|Address||08024 Barcelona, Carrer d'Olot 24|
|More information||official website|
|How to arrive?||official transport site|