The Gate of Toledo (Puerta de Toledo) was one of the gateways to the city of Madrid. There were three other doors previously called the same way. The current dates the first third of the nineteenth century and was designed by Spanish architect Antonio Aguado. The gate is located in the middle of the Glorieta de Toledo.
It was built as a triumphal arch in honor of King Ferdinand VII in commemoration of retrieving of a Spanish independence after the French occupation. It was the last monumental gateway erected in the ancient area of Madrid. Built in the period between 1813 and 1827, and restored in 1995.
It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 1996.