Archaeological Museum of Catalonia (MAC) includes a complex of several archaeological sites in Catalonia. The main goal of this institution is to preserve, research, and popularize the archaeological remains illustrating the historical evolution which has been taking place during the period between prehistoric and medieval times. Currently, the headquarters of the museum are located in the old Palace of Graphic Arts situated on the Montjuic mountain. The building, which structure was inspired by the Renaissance style, was constructed for the Universal Exhibition in 1929. The official inauguration of the museum took place in 1935 and was led by the first director of the museum - Pere Bosch Gimper. The museum houses, among other things, the archaeological collections from the Museum of Ciutadella Park as well as the relics of Santa Agueda, which are the state property. During the Spanish civil war, the museum changed its location, however it return to its original place in 1995. The most noteworthy collections held in the museum are the ones dedicated to prehistoric Greeks, Romans, Phoenicians, and Visigoths.