White Geyer Factory
White Factory is the name of the Ludwig's Geyer building at street Piotrkowska 282 in Lodz.
It is a complex of classical buildings, one of Poland's oldest example of industrial architecture. It was built between 1835 and 1837. White Factory was the first mechanical spinning and weaving factory.
The first steam engine in the Polish Kingdom started to work in 1839 in the White Factory. The resulting power of 60 HP was transferred to the weaving machines through conveyor belts system. The factory had also the first industrial chimney in Lodz.
Today the building is the Central Museum of Textiles.