The Tel Aviv City Hall(Hebrew בית עיריית תל אביב - יפו) is the center of the government of Tel Aviv, Israel, and houses the mayor's office and the meeting chambers and offices of the Tel Aviv City Council.
The City Administration was initially established by the water tower on Rothschild Boulevard.
In 1928, the city bought the hotel building at 27 Bialik Street, next to the original City Hall. For the next forty years they remained there. However, the rapidly expanding city had outgrown the small building. For this reason it was decided to build a new town hall.
The building was designed in the 1950s by the architect Menachem Cohen, in the Brutalist style. The project was selected in 1957.
City Hall was built on the largest town square, which was to function as a central resource for events, rallies, demonstrations, festivals and ceremonies. Politicians could watch the ceremony from the top floors of the building. According to the original plan, the entrance to the town hall was to be located on the side of the square. However, this entrance was rarely used (mainly due to problems with access for disabled persons) and the role of the main entrance to the hall fell entrance on Ibn Gabirol Street.
Moving offices to the new town hall took place between 1966 to 1968. The new Town Hall is not owned by the Tel Aviv municipality, but rented. Currently, preparations are ongoing for a thorough modernization of the town hall, in this consideration are plans to build underground parking.
The building also has corporate headquarters: Yaski-Alexandroni Architects and ESL - Eng. S. Lustig Consulting Engineers Ltd.