Renaissance Hospital of Tavera (Duque of Lerma Museum) was founded by Cardinal Juan Tavera in 1541. Its façade of classic Italian style with padding stone gives access to a paired Renaissance courtyard with Dorian columns separated by a small central gallery, built by Alonso de Covarrubias. The founder is buried inside the chapel. Outstanding marble tomb by Berruguete. Its period hospital pharmacy is worth of note. Many different works from famous painters are exhibited in the museum such as El Greco, Jusepe Ribera, Zurbarán, Sanchez Coello, Caravaggio, Titian and Tintoretto. The National Section of Nobility Archive is currently kept on the premises of the building.