Old Town Park in Lodz (known as Herring Park) is located between streets: West, Ogrodowa, Franciscan and Wolborska. It has an area of 17.0 hectares.
It was built in the years 1951 - 1953 by the project of K. Chrabelski. The park is located in the Old Town in the valley of river Łódka, which is nowadays hidden in an underground channel.
In the park on the east side there is a pond, Henry Burzec sculpture, a sundial and the Ten Commandments Monument (Moses). On the western side is located a fountain, monument of Alexander Kaminski and chess tables.
Park is popularly called as the "herring park". The name comes probably from the fish market located in this place before the Second World War. The most popular stock on the market was salted herring - one of the cheapest food at that moment.