The OXO Tower is a tower situated on the south bank of the River Thames in the London Borough of Southwark.
The tower was built at the end of the 19th century as a power station for the Post Office, but later it was acquired by the Liebig company, a manufacturer of beef broth, popularly known as "Oxo". The shape of the Bouillon cubes inspired the design of the building, which was the work of Albert Moore, who in 1928 created a set of windows which together formed the word "oxo", which was well visible in sunlight.
The modernization of the building was conducted by Paul Sandilands and Alex Lifschutz in the 90s. Currently, the 5th floor of the building houses an art gallery and photography on permanent display, which is completely free of charge. On the 8th floor there is a posh restaurant with a magnificent view of the St Paul's cathedral. Additionally, the OXO Tower houses jewellers', boutique, and Art Deco expositions.
Similar places by:
|Geographical coordinates||51.5080679, -0.1082463|
|Address||SE1 9 City of London, Barge House Street|
|Construction dates||1928 - 1929|
|More information||official website|