The Church of San Gil and Santa Ana, known as the Church of Santa Ana in Granada is part of all the interesting Mudejar churches of the city. It is situated along the banks of the Darro on the large space dominated by the Plaza Nueva, next to the Royal Chancery, at the foot of the Alhambra. It was built in 1537 according to projeect of Diego de Siloé who is the most renowned artist of the time in your area. The building was formerly Muslim, the Al-jama Almanzora, and basically consists of a single nave to which are attached lateral chapels. From the times of being mosque - minaret is preserved nd a beautiful brick tower of great slenderness with many decorative elements such as a rectangular frame at the top.
The church has five chapels on each side of the nave covered with Mudejar coffered ceilings and a chancel covered with armor loop. It has inside invaluable artistic and sculptural elements, e.g. image of a Dolorosa Joseph de Mora made in 1671 or Calvary by Diego de Aranda. Also notable are the paintings on its walls which are work done in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
The Church of Santa Ana de Granada is regarded as a Good of Cultural Interest. It was declared as a monument and published by La Gaceta de Madrid in 1931.