Egertorget, formerly known as Egertorvet, is a square in Oslo at the intersection of Karl Johans gate and Øvre Slottsgate. It is a "remainder area" which arose around 1840, when Karl Johans Gate became connected with the old Eastern Road alongside Stabellkroken. Stabellgården and Egergården were torn down in order to tie the streets together. The square is named for brewers and brothers Herman and Thorvald Eger, who owned the displaced Egergården. In summer, Egertorget is home to many street musicians and jugglers.