La Iglesia Católico Romana en Krynica
The Roman Catholic Church in Krynica (full name: The Roman Catholic Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary) is located on Church Street 2 in Krynica-Zdroj, Poland.
The building was constructed in the years 1887 to 1892. Jan Zawiejski designed the first project. In the years 1932 - 1935 the expansion of the church was beeing planned. Work on the project was commissioned to the architect Franciszek Mączyński.
The temple consists of three naves and a transept, which is a remnant of the early church. In the main altar is located a statue of Our Lady of the Assumption, surrounded by a mosaic made by Henry Burzec from Zakopane in the years 1966 to 1970. In front of the entrance is a chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with a wooden statue of the Savior.
Sitios similares por:
|33-380 Krynica-Zdrój, Kościelna 2
|Fechas de construcción
|1887 - 1892
|Fecha de apertura
|página web oficial