La Casa del Rey de Bruselas

The King's House (French: Maison du Roi; Dutch: Broodhuis meaning "bread house") is a neo-gothic building on the Grand Place in Brussels, Belgium.

It was built between 1504 and 1536 by the Duke of Brabant as a symbol of his reign. It was purposely situated across from the city hall to counter the importance of the muncipal authorities. Also, it was built on the site of the first cloth and bread markets, which were no longer in use. It became known as the King's House, although actually no king has ever lived there. It is still known as the Maison du roi (King's House) in French, though in Dutch it continues to be called Broodhuis (bread house), after the market whose place it took.


Fuente de la descripción: planerGO

Este objeto pertenece a Grand Place de Bruselas

Sitios similares por:

Precio definiciones de precios
Coordenadas geográficas 50.8468060, 4.3525530
Dirección 1000 Bruselas, Grand-Place
Fechas de construcción 1504 - 1536

Cómo llegar