Iglesia de Santa Catalina en Frankfurt

St. Catherine's Church (German: Katharinenkirche) is the largest Lutheran church in Frankfurt am Main, dedicated to the martyred early Christian saint, Catherine of Alexandria. It is located in the old city centre near one of the most famous plazas in the city, the Hauptwache (Main Guard).

The current church building, built between 1678 and 1681 replaced the Ss. Catherine's and Barbara Capel from the late 14th century. With the adoption of Lutheran Reformation by the Free Imperial City of Frankfurt in 1533 the city unilaterally appropriated all religious buildings within its old city centre. This status was statutorily fixed in 1830 by the deeds of dotation, which is why St. Catherine's is one of the city's dotation churches left for eternal usage by a Lutheran congregation. The German writer, artist, and politician Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749–1832) was baptized in this church in 1749.

This church is built in the baroque style and stands 54 meters in height. St. Catherine's was destroyed in 1944 by the Allied bombing of Frankfurt am Main during the Second World War. The city reconstructed its church between 1950 and 1954. The Lutheran congregation enjoying usufruct of the St. Catherine's church building is a member of the Protestant Church in Hesse and Nassau.


Fuente de la descripción: wikipedia

Lugares de interés turístico en los alrededores "Iglesia de Santa Catalina en Frankfurt":

Sitios similares por:

Estilo definición de categoría Barroco
Categoría definición de categoría iglesia
Material definición de material
brick
Precio definiciones de precios
Coordenadas geográficas 50.1133330, 8.6797220
Dirección Fráncfort del Meno,
Fechas de construcción 1678 - 1681
Altura 54.00

Cómo llegar