Copenhagen City Hall (Københavns Rådhus) is the headquarters of the municipal council as well as the Lord mayor of the Copenhagen Municipality, Denmark.
The building is situated on The City Hall Square in central Copenhagen. The current building was inaugurated in 1905. It was designed by the architect Martin Nyrop in the National Romantic style but with inspiration from the city hall of Siena, Italy. It is dominated by its richly ornamented front, the gilded statue of Absalon just above the balcony and the tall, slim clock tower. The latter is at 105.6 metres one of the tallest buildings in the generally low city of Copenhagen. In addition to the tower clock, the City Hall also houses Jens Olsen's World Clock.
Before the city hall moved to its present location, it was situated in different buildings at Gammeltorv and Nytorv. The first city hall was in use from about 1479 until it burned down in the great Copenhagen fire of 1728. The second city hall was built in 1728 and it burned down in the Copenhagen fire of 1795. It was not until 1815 that a new city hall was erected on Nytorv. It was intended to house both the city hall and a court. Today it is still in use as the city court of Copenhagen.