The Aldwych Theatre is a West End theatre, located on Aldwych in the City of Westminster. The theatre was listed Grade II on 20 July 1971. Its seating capacity is 1,200 on three levels, a fairly large auditorium.
The theatre was built as a pair with the Waldorf Theatre now known as the Novello Theatre, both being designed by W.G.R. Sprague. Funded by Seymour Hicks, in association with the American impressario Charles Frohman, and built by Walter Wallis of Balham. The ornate decorations were in the Georgian style. The theatre was constructed on the newly built Aldwych.
The Aldwych theatre opened on 23 December 1905 with a production of Blue Bell, a new version of Hicks' popular pantomime Bluebell in Fairyland.
The Aldwych Theatre is amongst the many theatres that are reported to be haunted.
Sitios similares por:
|Coordenadas geográficas||51.5129557, -0.1184477|
|Dirección||WC2B City de Londres, Aldwych|
|Fecha de apertura||1905|
|Más información||página web oficial|